Friday, May 20, 2011

Product Review: Weleda Wild Rose Smoothing Facial Lotion


I recieved this facial lotion in last month's Birchbox, which you can see in an upcoming post. I was a bit excited to try this product for a couple of reasons.

1. My skin reacts better to natural products.
2. I am not sold on any one facial lotion or cream right now, and would love to find one I love.
3. It says it smells like roses, and what girl doesn't like roses?

Sadly, I was disappointed. The first, and main thing that turned me off of this product was the smell. I can smell a hint of what should be roses, but it was so far off I had to really think about it. Mainly it just smelled medicinal.

Though I was turned of by the smell I still applied it to my face. Though it didn't break me out, which is a huge plus, it also didn't do much else for me. It relieved the tight feeling I had from having just washed my face, but so do most moisturizers I've tried.

Overall, this lotion didn't wow me, didn't impress me, didn't even appease me. For someone who liked the scent, you might like this lotion for an "emergency moisturizer". But I can't think of any other purpose for it, at least in my book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

    Disclaimer

    I have purchased all the products I review and am not being paid to review any products, unless otherwise stated. You can be sure regardless of the way I receive a product, that you can count on my review to be unbiased and honest.

Recent Comments